The Murfreesboro Achievement Foundation shall work to strengthen activities of the Murfreesoboro Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated associated with mentoring, scholarship, professional development, and health & wellness initiatives. “
The Foundation has awarded over $90,000 in scholarships awards, and has funded projects in keeping with our overall mission since its founding in 2013. Our areas of priority include:
- The Murfreesboro Housing Authority (Turkey Giveaway)
- The Gentleman’s Academy
- The Middle TN Kappa Beautillion
- Kappa Kamp
- Kappa Alpha Psi Achievement Scholarship at Middle Tennessee State University
- Martin Luther King Scholarship Fund of Rutherford County
- J. Steven Barnes – Chairman
- Walter J. Harris, Sr. – Treasurer
- Rev. T. Devan Franklin– Secretary
- Isaac T. Conner, Esq. – Legal Counsel
- Dumaka S. Shabazz, Esq.
- Lynn Edwards
- Dr. Lloyd Hancock
The MAF is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-exempt.